My name's Kelly (and my name's Mike). We have been sharing a flat as joint tenants for the past 13 years and our current landlord is selling up.
We are looking forward to a new home and would like your help in receiving it.
So Who Are We?
Kelly is a writer, author and business manager of an editorial company. An absolute lover of nature, travelling, gardens, the sacred art of Feng Shui and loves meditation and Reiki healing. A professional with a heart of gold and a caring nature.
Kelly's background is in editorial work, administration, marketing and countryside management. She has a degree in Environmental Studies (B.Sc. 2:1) and A-Levels in Archaeology and Ancient History.
Michael is a retired Maths and Physics teacher, writer and soon to be author with a wealth of life and work experience ranging from the military to a property management contractor for 'The Duchy Of Cornwall' (Prince Charles' Royal Estate) and used to have a manufacturing business in Portsmouth and in Devon.
He has a B.Sc. in Physics from London University, and has taught a wide range of subjects in both private and Local Education Authority schools. Michael is a kind considerate tenant, who will go out of his way to help anyone.
We are looking for a house in the Gloucestershire area (this includes Stonehouse, Churchdown, Stroud etc) with the following amenities:
- 2 double bedrooms (or more).
- A garden (or outside space with room to have fragrant flowering potted plants).
- A beautiful peaceful neighbourhood with somewhere to park a car.
- A kitchen large enough to cook and bake for England (Kelly is on a special diet so cooking fresh is key! And Mike used to be a chef in one of his many roles in life).
- A living room that is a beautiful space for relaxing, reading and generally winding down after a long day.
- A bathroom with bath and shower. This is to curb Kelly's intense longing for a luxurious lavender soak in a bath after the past 13 years of going without one, except when she can use her mum's, but unfortunately her mum lives 260 miles away in Newcastle.
- A deposit and 3 months' rent in advance.
- Excellent previous landlord's reference.
- Rent guarantee insurance paid by us if required.
- Character references.
- Rental payments always on time.
- Good communication with the landlord/landlady.
- No pets.
It's been a long time since either of us searched for a new home and the market has changed a lot.
While both of us are absolute professionals, Mike is in receipt of a state pension and also would be in receipt of Local Housing Allowance to help pay his part of the rent.
And Kelly is in receipt of full working tax credits while she grows her new online editorial business, so she would also be in receipt of Local Housing Allowance initially.
Neither of us has missed a rental payment in 13 years.
It has felt somewhat disheartening to see beautiful homes and not be able to look or apply for them because almost all properties state 'no DSS' or 'no housing benefit'.
So we thought we would be a bit different and show you our characters and who we are, because we are great tenants and kind and caring professional people. We both feel a new home would benefit from our positive energy and heartfelt touch.
Thank you for your consideration. Please see our current landlord reference for more info above (original without address, phone number and name blacked out available on request).
Please email Kelly HERE if we look like your ideal tenant (if not connecting to email please email email@example.com).
Kelly Martin & Michael Doherty